This article will walk you through removing a departed user from LawToolBox. Only users with 0 active matters can be deleted.
Removing a user:
1) Does this user have 0 cases?
- Proceed with deleting the user via admin.lawtoolbox.com
2) Does this user have active cases?
- Reassign cases as needed FAQ - Matter sharing report
- Confirm with your M365 admin (IT) this user is active and licensed in M365 Exchange O
- Confirm with your M365 admin (IT) that mail forwarding is turned off (temporarily)
- Sign in to admin portal using the central docketing account and click "Manage Matters" to remove user from active cases
Note: In order to manage matters for a user, you should have access to your firm's Central Docketing User credentials, or be shared on every case.
Need to add a new user?
FAQ How to Add a New User In LawToolBox
Check to see if you can delete the user:
Navigate to admin.lawtoolbox.com > Users > select your user (ellipsis) > Delete
Is the user ready to be deleted?
Verify there are 0 cases:
"Delete" & Confirm
If any active matters:
Follow the steps listed in the pop-up
How to Reassign Cases & Remove a Departed User:
Step 1: Case coverage
- Run a report for firm records FAQ - Matter sharing report (Recommended)
- Reassign cases to another team member (Recommended)
- one at a time in app.lawtoolbox.com via "Share Matter"
- or with your *Central Docketing User (see below)
Step 2: Unshare cases
- Sign in as Central Docketing User in admin.lawtoolbox.com
- Go to > Matter > Manage Matter
- Note: If you sign in as yourself, you will be temporarily added to the case and then removed. This may prompt unwanted notifications
Top right corner "Select User:" select the departed user in the dropdown
Select all matters in the checkbox, click "Unshare" at the top left corner
Note: View items per page as 10, and refresh after unsharing
Refresh the page and confirm the user in the top right corner as the departed user
When the matter list is blank "Found 0 records" proceed to delete the user.
Delete a User:
Go to Users > Click on the ellipsis (...) > delete