* for data gov where group naming would revert to the default prefix even where another option from admin table was selected
* for audit sharing where when user on matter was shared to but not O365 group on action menu and in admin portal (and when un-sharing and then re-sharing to a matter)
* feature where end-users can navigate to or search SharePoint to locate folders or files to attach to an all-day or time bound calendar event
* New feature Add Links from SharePoint in deadline chart
* Fixed Template Issue- for some folders not getting created
* Fixed issue with NetDocuments – for some users they couldn’t connect their account to their NetDocuments account, or attach NetDocuments files to deadlines even though they got falsa message it had been attached
* Fixed issue where hard returns in contact notes prevented created or editing
* upgrade LTB365 matter dashboard to include list of who case is shared to, DMS/SharePoint tile, future appointments tile, all future deadlines tile, matter analytics tile, timeline-by-month tile, timeline-by-trigger tile
* Added the ability to detach NetDocuments reference from and existing LTB365 matter (so end-user can attach it to another LTB365 matter)
* Implement basic NetDocuments flow
* Added switch in admin portal to activate settings in app UI
Createed ability to connect LTB365 matter to NetDocuments workspace and store the reference
* Added NetDocuments item in LTB365 action menu which when clicked on takes the user to the NetDocuments workspace for that matter
* Added the ability to send link from NetDocuments to LTB365 using the ND “send to application” feature
* Created the ability to store link to NetDocuments file in LTB365 links
*LawToolBox Removing User Changes
- When deleting users from the LawToolBox admin center, A new popup will appearing showing all of the matters that the user is currently shared to.
- The new prompt will direct you to unshare all matters will the user from the central docketing user. This will help prevent emails being sent out to users who are no longer at the firm.
- You can now track time and billing in LawToolBox
- To access this you can click Time and Billing in the action menu to start a time and tract the amount of time spent on each case with different entries. You can also change the currency rant for USD to CAD.
- The timer can be ran to track time or entered as a manual entry.
- Can be mapped in the ABA practice area, added tasks and activity codes
- Accessible through the admin portal as well where you can keep track of all time entries for the firm and also filter and run reports by date range
- You can also export the report to receive excel format and import to your own billing system.
*Customize Deadline Template in O365
- You now can now create custom deadline templates in LawToolBox 365 to no longer populate any deadlines for new matters that do not need these deadlines.
- To do this follow the follow steps.
- Create a new matter names Template - Name of rule set you would like to change.
- Generate and deadlines that you would like to change.
- Navigate to the LawToolBox admin portal and click on hidden deadlines.
- From here select the deadline template that you just created and it will list all deadlines in the template.
- Any deadlines that you hide here will now no longer appear when you select the same rules set and triggers on any new matters that you create.
- implemented ability to add a case type (rulesetID 611) on import so that when end-user accesses matter for first time they can select the applicable ruleset for the matter
- upgraded matter import template to include list of emails - then when end-user accesses matter for the first time a roup is created and ltb365 auto shares the matter to that list of users
*RTF File format support for upload to LawToolBox
*Add internal Client Tag (e.g. #MgmtReview) for filtered reporting
1. Rule-set admins can also use tags on each deadline in LawToolBox to mark the deadline and run different reports based on the tags rule-set admins select.
a. Rule-set admins can also view these tags once they have been added on each calendar invite.
2. To add a tag to a deadline, Open rule-set admins r deadline chart and the select the deadlines that rule-set admins would like to tag.
3. Select the 3 dots next to the deadline rule-set admins would like to tag and then select the tag option.
4. Here rule-set admins will have all of the different tags that rule-set admins can add to each deadline.
*Changes to LawToolBox reporting
*LawToolBox has updated it reporting feature to include new fields such as the matter email address and a list all members that are assigned to new matters.
*Reports can also now be ran from the LawToolBox admin portal by clicking on Reports and choosing the specific reports that you would like to run.
*Reports have now been updated in both the LawToolBox Application and on our Admin portal. All reports now feature columns such as Group Email address, Attendees, and Deadline Type.
*The Admin Portal has now been updated to fix minor bugs. Issues that were address was Reports > Download will now correctly bring you to page that will allow you to run a User Report and Matter Report.
*Contact > Manage contacts text has been changed from Manage Contact to Manage Contacts
Our team has made available a new feature under “Add Deadline or Appointment” You will see two options 1. Save & Add More / 2. Save This allows you to 1. add multiple deadlines at once, or 2. one deadline and go back to your deadline chart. Save & Add More, this will sync your deadline and allow you to add a new one without leaving the screen. Then you can instantly create a new appointment
* You are now able to add a Teams meeting for any LawToolBox Deadline. The toggle option should now display next to any deadline that you are creating.
*+ Calculate / + Deadline feature that allows you to calculate deadlines based on the number of days / months / years.
*Repeatable deadlines/appointments when adding a miscellaneous event in LawToolBox you can pick an end date and set the value for court days, calendar days, months for repeating events.
*Warning sign for Matters with No Group – key for support and matter issues, like error messages “oops”, unable to sync or remove deadlines, etc.
*Bulk Delete option is live in the app.lawtoolbox.com (has been live in the ad-in) – this feature allows you to delete multiple entries at a time
*Date range report can now be filtered by trigger dates, deadlines, appointments, and meetings in the search.
*A New + / - feature has been added when calculating deadlines. Matter Name > Add Deadline or Appointment > Enter start date > select +/- > create related appointment > enter plus value > type: calendar days, court days, month or year > create Add any identifiable notes to the description (e.g. Judge Smith granted 7 day extension) to see why those calculations were implemented for your reports
*New single-page create or edit appointment: This improved UI will facilitate streamlined data entry. Other features include a “find time” feature so that you can quickly find available time on your teammates calendars for meetings, replacing the previous flow where user would input start time and duration with a start and end time UI, moving the feature to add URLs to a popup up, expanding the location field to 320 characters so that users can paste long zoom or webex URLs into that field.
*Copy Template: when a user searches for a template to use to populate a new matter with the organizations files and folders we ONLY present templates to which they are a member with access (this avoids awkward flow where we would say “you don’t have permission to copy this template”). Also, if no sub-folders exist in the new matter we automatically create a “General” folder.
*Optimized sync flow: To avoid “bounce-back” emails when editing deadlines in matters that had been shared to users that had left the firm, we had been performing 4 queries to Microsoft Graph API for each event, which mean that when editing a trial date that has 70 deadlines running off it we would make 280 calls to graph API. We have optimized this flow to provide for a better UI/UX by send queries in batches so that for the same query instead of making 280 calls were making 8 API calls. This will create a better and more reliable user experience going forward. In fact, we have measured that this improves sync speed by 10x!
*Better flow to manage departed users and bounce-backs: We modified the calendar flow so that when a user email is deleted we no longer rely on successful calls to avoid bounce-backs on matters that had been shared to that user (firm may still have to create an alias account to avoid bounce-backs the first time an event is cancelled after user is removed as an attendee on the calendar event).
*Display actual date on trigger date list for a matter if user has entered value: When a user enters a trigger date like 12/7/2019 “commencement date” in our app, when the user goes back to calculate more deadlines they will see that the description is now GREEN and reads “Commencement Date [12/7/2019]”. This will make it easier for user docketing deadlines to identify deadlines they haven’t yet calculated. Edit repeat calculation description: while editing the date for a repeat calculator (like a “motion for SJ”) we have added an “edit” link so that the description can be re-worded (like a “motion for SJ per order 12/7/2019”). A “history” record will be created recording who changed the description, and when they did it).
*Conformed language on calendar events created by external calendar service with language on calendar events created by internal sync which uses Graph API so that same outlook rules can be used for both (also added the word “INTERNAL” or “EXTERNAL” to calendar event footer so that users can see which sync product created event).
*Internal and External Calendar entries: A small change has been made to the footer of each calendar entry identifying whether the calendar entry was created from “Internal” or “External” calendar sync products.
*New matters auto shared to docketing user: If a an email account has been designated as a “docketing user” by LawToolBox (your account representative has to do this for you) then all NEW matters that are set up will be auto-shred to this user. Also, once a matter is shared to a docketing user it CANNOT be UNSHARED.
*When setting up new matter it will reflect who matter is auto shared to without user having to manually refresh page.
*Audit Sharing: A new feature has been added for quick analysis of any sync issues where users can quickly see who is shared on a matter and who is a member of the Microsoft group. If a user says an even did not make it to their calendar the first step of debugging the issue is to check matter sharing.
*When you add a calendar event one-at-a-time from the deadline chart, the event immediately turns green to reflect the it has been added to calendar (and you cannot add multiple instances of this event).
*Added “Sync” filter on deadline chart: After you apply the first filter (future deadlines, all deadlines, past deadlines) you can further filter the deadline chart by viewing only those items that have synced, items that have not synced, or all items synced and not synced. This view filter is not currently reflected when deadline chart is edited.
*Releasing first version of Firm and Matter Contacts; includes all fields from Outlook contact plus additional fields for social media links; allows for complete tag management at firm and matter level including ability to edit or delete tags across entire organization; included ability for any user to add notes to firm or matter contact which persist even when user removed from organization; when firm contact removed it persists in matters.
#Updated support tools to permit LawToolBox to share hidden defaults to any firm; updated rule-set building tools to share rule-set to all 50 states with single click; updated support tools so LawToolBox or rule-set builder can share private rule-sets to any firm with a single click.
*When you open your LawToolBox Add-in in Outlook, you will see a new “pin” in the upper right-hand corner of our add-in. This is a brand-new feature that we are one of the first companies to incorporate that allows users to pin open the LawToolBox add-in then navigate between emails without having to close and re-open the add-in saving you oodles of time!
*admin switches for document folders, shared inbox, OneNote, calendar, and custom path for doc folders to modern team site
*tab > updated waffle menu, added people icon to retrieve relevant users, added firm contacts to create central location for firm contacts, added ability to attach firm contact(s) to any matter, upgraded report filter to be able retrieve large amounts of data over many years
*companion phone and tablet app available at https://app.lawtoolbox.com
*pending: incorporate isprivate and canaccessadminportal switches into bot, optimize edit deadline function to speed up processing
*When users added midstream to an existing matter that already has deadlines, those deadlines will now be added automatically to that user’s outlook calendar (they no longer have to look for an email from Microsoft alerting them to deadlines in an existing matter and manually accept those deadlines)
*When user tries to access a matter to which they are not a member or owner in Groups – a popup message will alert them that they do not have access and it will give them a link to request access that will auto send an email to existing group members
*When a user tries to set up a matter using a name that already exists for that firm a message will block use of that name
*Emergency upgrade when Microsoft changed the logic on how deadlines can be added to group members calendars (Microsoft used to add group as attendee as default now that must be explicitly added)
*When user emails themselves the date range report it now reflects any filters, they have applied
*Added a function to download a csv version of the date range report so users can open and manipulate in excel
*Case sharing report has been added so users can see a comprehensive list of who is on which case
*Added function where case sharing report can be filtered, emailed to the viewing user, and downloaded in csv format.
*On matter deadline chart allday miscellaneous events have been renamed from “appointment” to “deadline”
*When users are added or removed from a matter an email is auto sent to the LTB firm admin email (but not to the user who was added or removed)
*Code added to catch non alpha-numeric values submitted to repeat calculator *implemented dialogue api for authentication to avoid popup windows
*Administrators can now configure LawToolBox365 to (i) create an Office 365 Group as each matter is created on LawToolBox (default configuration), (ii) they can allow LawToolBox to attach to an existing, internally created Office 365 Group or SharePoint site (new), or (iii) create a matter without connecting deadlines to an Office 365 Group.
* In addition to automating deadlines based on court rule-sets, users can now track deadlines for the rest of their matters using “generic” rule-set (e.g. for transactional or other matters where deadlines are not predictable) enabled using the following two new features
*Add/edit/remove miscellaneous deadlines for a particular matter (defaults to all day event, with option schedule deadline for a specific time of day)
*Add/edit/remove miscellaneous appointments for a particular matter (includes location, start time, duration and ability to attach up to two link to pdf or file)
*Single click to edit/remove trigger date (when a trial date is removed, all deadlines that run off of trial will update or be removed).
*When removing/editing a trigger date, any edited/customized deadlines running off that date will be displayed so that user can selectively evaluate which deadlines to add to group calendar
*Admin only: ability to access/review history of changes of who add/edited or removed access
*Users have previously been able to selectively add only the deadlines they need, but now they can now selectively remove deadlines from user calendars while preserving deadlines in add-in reports, or they can remove deadlines from both the group calendar and the add-in reports
*Auto Remove upcoming deadlines for all users when a matter is closed
*Docketing – Deadline Management changes that includes the following, Rules-based calendaring / off-the-shelf, Rules-based Calendaring / build-your-own, Concise descriptions, Consistent case mgmt/scheduling order descriptions, Edit deadlines to reflect orders, Add miscellaneous deadlines and events, Roll off weekends & Court Holidays, Reflects method of service, Hide one or many deadlines, Links to authorities to analyze deadlines complex deadlines, Audit trail of who edited what and when, Manage deadlines from inside Outlook as emails arrive, Manage deadlines on almost any device including iPads, Macs & PCs (include Outlook on a Mac)
*Docketing – Calendar Sync that include the following, Sync deadlines natively to Group calendar for each matter, and to individual user calendars to whom matter is shared. Works with any case mgmt software that 2-way syncs with Outlook, Direct sync with most cloud-based case management. Direct sync with many premise-based case management. Add, update and remove appearances and appointments. Share and update deadlines externally (no software req’d) to external team members who use Outlook (any version), iCal, Google, or Lotus Notes
*Office 365 Groups Integration changes. Auto provisions a SharePoint site & calendar, OneNote, shared Inbox for each matter. Single-click to manage notes in OneNote for each matter. Single-click to save emails & attachments to matter folder. Single-click to view each matter calendar in SharePoint. Single-click to open doc folders for any matter in SharePoint. Each matter has its own email address and shared inbox. Create a Microsoft Team to manage any matter using existing group for enhanced collaboration, persistent chat by channel and topic, customizable workspace